Saturday, 26 May 2012

Kate Loves: Concerts

Hello Duchess Kate readers,
I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend. The Jubilee concert is fast approaching and reportedly no one is more excited about it than Duchess Kate. Her favourite singers Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams from popular UK band Take That will be performing. Of course, we are all eager to see what Kate chooses to wear. Kate has attended memorable concerts over the years and her sartorial choices have been lovely. Continuing on with our Kate Loves series, Let's look back on those concerts :)


2007 was a tumultuous year for William and Kate. The couple decided to take a break,  Kate would later admit she wasn't happy about the decision. In July 2007 Kate showed her support for William by attending the Diana Concert at Wembley stadium.




Kate sat two rows from William, she kept a low profile as this was a day to celebrate Diana's life. When Take That performed she was seen singing along to their song Back For Good.

AP

The concert was hosted by William and Harry on what would have been Princess Diana's 46th birthday. It was broadcast in 140 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million. At the end of the performances a video montage of Diana as a child was presented accompanied by Queen's These are the Day of out Lives.

Reuters
Kate looked lovely in a white lace Issa dress, white trench coat and knee high boots. Loved this look. 

Daily Mail
The couple rekindled their romance after the concert :)

In June 2008 Kate joined thousands of people at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert in Hyde Park. The then 26 year old attended the gig without Prince William who was away pursuing his military career. 


Contact Music
Kate watched acts including the late Amy Winehouse, Queen and Razorlight at the party which was introduced by actor Will Smith. The Men in Black star told the crowd 'If the world could only have one father, the man that we would choose to be our father would be Nelson Mandela'. A look at Hyde Park, one of London's eight Royal Parks.


BBC

Kate looked lovely in a long printed top teamed with a black belt, dark blue jeans and brown knee high boots. 

Contact Music


After the Canada Day celebrations William and Kate had a chance to relax at Parliament Hill, where they attended a concert celebrating Canadian music. Kate looked elegant in a purple Issa dress and the maple leaf brooch, loaned to her by the Queen. We also saw Kate wear her hair in a chic updo.


The couple enjoyed a firework display after the concert. There was very much a 'date night' feel to the event. William and Kate exchanged glances and whispers throughout the event. 


Last December William and Kate joined Charles and Camilla to attend a Gary Barlow concert at the Royal Albert Hall. The concert was in aid of the Prince's Foundation. Mr Barlow began by saying 'I hope you enjoy tonight, I hope it's not too loud'. William replied 'The louder the better' :) Kate wore a tulip Zara dress.

28 comments:

  1. Very excited for the concert and thrilled that the US Tv stations are showing the concery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline Oak Hills, CA USA26 May 2012 18:44

    Does anyone know who the guy is that Kate is with in the first two pictures? Was this when they were broke up? It says that it was 2008, they were together then.
    Thanks for the great post. I just love that you do "what kate loves". I went back but could know find the post where you did "kate loves william" (or something like that). Did it get removed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will be amazing, lovely idea for the jubilee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are the links Pauline :)

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/01/kate-loves-nightclubs_15.html

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/01/kate-loves-coffee-and-cafes_12.html

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/04/kate-loves-anglesey_15.html

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/01/kate-loves-sports-william-joins-kate-in_23.html

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/01/kate-loves-restaurants_19.html

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/01/kate-loves-travel-and-news-kate-is-in_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is the guy Kate is with? She and William were together in 2008 but its defitnely not him. Its not Harry and its not her brother James. I googled it and nothing came up so I am very curious about the mans identity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will ask around and get back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ana B. from Brazil26 May 2012 20:35

    Oh, I really missed Kate Loves' posts! This one was actually a very good idea, about concerts! I would love to read someday a post about her favourite beauty products (hair, make-up, skin care)!
    I'm very curious about who's that man as well! I don't know if 'round here, Brazil, the jubilee concert will be broadcasted, but I guess not =/ Maybe BBC Internacional? Very excited though!
    A very nice weekend to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne Landino26 May 2012 20:36

    Hi: This might give everyone a chuckle, but I LOVE the black/white top in the 2008 concert photos. Any chance anyone knows who the designer is/was? I love the challenge of finding items that Kate has worn, and this is just the type of top I'd love to own. Any suggestions or does anyone know the designer/brand? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Charlotte,

    I love your posts!

    Your fan in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS is why I like your blog so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok after some obsessive googling I believe the man Kate is with is Sir Richard Branson's son Sam. Kate was out with his daughter Holly that night. Holly and William used to be seen at clubs together. Sir Richard owns the island of mustique. I don't know for sure if I'm right but I zoomed in on the picture and the name on his VIP badge appears to match the letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA27 May 2012 17:08

      Jackie great research. Thank you for finding out who that guy was. It was driving me crazy. Now I am wondering why Kate hand her hand on his back. Her & William were together in 2008. Maybe it was just a friendly touch while they were leaving. I did see a while back pictures of Kate with a bunch of girls at the concert and Holly was one of them.

      Delete
  12. Lovely post... Great choice of pictures.
    Well done !
    All best, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA26 May 2012 22:46

    Thank you Charlotte for the web sites. Also do you know if the MIddletons will be joining the royal family for the concert. It would only make sense since they will all be together for the river float parade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog but I've noticed the past couple of days every time I visit your blog I get pop ups and a couple of times it has said that the site could contain malicious content. I've never had this problem before with your site and I'm not experiencing this problem with other sites. I don't know if others have experienced the same thing but I just wanted to let you know just in case it's a problem with the site itself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA27 May 2012 06:09

    Charlotte. I just read all of your "Kate loves" and did not find the one you did "Kate loves William". If I am not mistaken you did one with pictures of them before they were married. You had some really cute pictures of them. Am I going nuts? I thought it was around Valentins Day but it could have been ealier. I remember sending you a message when you first posted the idea of doing the series of what Kate loves and I asked about doing one of "Kate loves William". Anyways they were a nice stroll down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for your comments, Pauline I will look for that post you mentioned. I also love the top from 2008.

    Anonymous - There are absolutely no pop ups on this blog, it must be a false posiitive whereby your anti virus picks something up. I will look into it immediately, the only possibility is one of the blogs on my blogroll is having an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA27 May 2012 17:02

    I love the top too. The Duchess look's beautiful in whatever she put's on. I have not seen anything that I did not like. I just wonder where she keep's all those clothes. Have you ever wondered if William & the Duchess help each other get dressed. They don't have any help so when the Duchess need's her dress buttoned up or zipped up William must be the one to do it. Just some fun things to think about. You can tell it is a slow Duchess time...lol This crazy lady says hope you all have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd like to say thank you the commenter who informed me about the 'pop up ad' issue, I would never knowingly allow those on this blog, but it turns out a stat counter I was using was displaying ads in the code.

    It is now removed, So sorry for any inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ana, I will look into kate's beauty and skincare routine, if I can find out enough info I'll do a 'kate loves' on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ana B. from Brazil28 May 2012 01:06

    Thank you for your attention, Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been doing a little research on Kate's beauty products and make up, there is definitely enough info for a little post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kate has evolved so much as much as fashion style is concerned. she looked young and vivid prior to William era, at that time it might be a stretch to consider her as a "fashion icon", IMHO. :) She's definitely grown up in many ways. Good for her!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Charlotte,

    Love this post as well as the whole "Kate Loves" series! I was wondering if you could do a post on Kate's fitness routine. I'd love to know how she stays fit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey charlotte,
    I found this video http://youtu.be/O9TvC44PyHg on youtube. It's just another documentary about william & kate but at 9:56 you can see the couple AFTER the engagement interview and it's sooo lovely!! I didn't see this before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana B. from Brazil28 May 2012 20:53

      Hi, Fiona!
      I'm so glad you posted the link! I've been trying to find it for a very long time!
      Thank you!
      Have a nice week!

      Delete
  26. The Way We Were - I agree, I think part of Kate's popularity is down to the fact she's just like us. Her style has changed from trendy uni student to Duchess and it's very interesting to see.

    Marisa - I did a post on her favourite sports, but will do some research into her fitness routine :)

    http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.com/2012/01/kate-loves-sports-william-joins-kate-in_23.html

    Fiona - Thank you for posting, That is one of my ALL TIME favourite moments :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.